Agencies continue to face a host of challenges from budget shortfalls, large legacy portfolios, ever-growing cybersecurity threats, and difficulties in attracting and retaining top-tier talent that can keep up with such a fast changing technical environment. We’ve reached a point where agency leadership needs to invest the time and money to transform the way we do IT in the government - otherwise, our current path will become unsustainable.
IT leadership can play a key role in driving this transformation by ensuring the highest value in IT investments, finding ways to improve digital services, focusing on cybersecurity risks and training, developing an IT workforce aware of current best practices and standards for software - all to ensure that the next generation of systems are deployed with a minimum of technical debt and sustainment cost. This forum is geared for IT leaders to exchange knowledge and share pragmatic tactics on how this transformation is taking place across the public sector.
Tutorials and panels will address:
- How to accelerate cloud migrations of legacy systems – and realize cloud ROI faster!
- Manage Modernization Projects With Fewer Resources/Budget
- Ensuring best value from vendors with outcome based service level agreements
- How to Manage Modernization Projects With Fewer Resources/Budget
- Security and Quality: two sides of the same coin?
- IT workforce development
- DevOps – Delivering capabilities to the citizen without sacrificing quality and security.
Don’t miss your opportunity to hear from your peers’ first-hand experiences. There is no cost to attend this event.
Directly following the forum will be user power sessions for both CAST & Galorath customers.
Galorath began as a consulting firm in 1979, committed to assisting government and industry to improve their software and hardware development products and program management. Galorath has invested over two decades of research and development helping organizations better plan and control project costs, quality, duration and risk. Today, Galorath provides the most comprehensive, intuitive tools in the industry, with a broad portfolio of solutions, as well as consulting services though Galorath Incorporated and Galorath Federal.
- Marc Jones, VP of North American Public Sector, CAST, CISQ Federal Outreach Dir. (vol)
- Charlie Armstrong, Assistant Commissioner & CIO of Customs Border Protection (recently retired)
- Dan Galorath, CEO, Galorath
- Stephany Bellomo, Senior Member of the Technical Staff, Software Engineering Institute (SEI)
– John Chang, Director of Solution Design, CAST
- Velinda Moore, Technical Lead, North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Gloria Mittman, Software Test Manager, North Carolina Department of Transportation
Reducing the Cost Risk of Estimating Major Modernization Projects
– Katherine Miller, Estimation Program Office (EPO), IRS
– Jeff Fraleigh, Global Head, CAST Highlight
– Mark Shead, President at Xeric Corporation
*Customer Power Sessions begin at 1:30pm*
Spring 2017 Registrants
Address: 1325 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22209
Website: Hyatt Arlington
Just minutes from Washington, DC and only steps to the Rosslyn Metro, the Hyatt Arlington offers a variety of flexible accommodations including inventive cuisine and attentive service all poised at the edge of the capital in the heart of Arlington, VA.